Monday, September 04, 2006

 

Hurricanes caused by provoking God

Since moving to a part of the country that's subject to occasional hurricanes I've been thinking about them more than I used to. I forget who, but I remember someone blaming Hurricane Katrina on Mardi Gras (God was annoyed at the behavior of New Orleans and decided to smite the city).

My post earlier today about D. James Kennedy earlier in the day reminded me that Coral Ridge Ministries suffered damage from Hurricane Wilma in late 2005. I'll leave it to those who believe God uses natural disasters to punish those who displease Him to draw what conclusions they will.

Personally, I favor the view that blaming natural disasters on the victims is not a very good thing to do.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?